Thursday, March 05, 2009

Who Sprouted First?

On February 20, the weatherman finally predicted a whole slew of rain coming our way......so even though it was very late to be planting the native California plant seeds I'd collected last year, I thought why not? So in the little potting starters they went! Just in time for 10.5 inches of rain in two days.





My bet with myself was the grass seeds would be the first to sprout. My biggest question was how long would it take....I'm learning patience, but am still not a pro, yet!

Any guesses as to who won? It only took one week for the winecups to sprout! (I promise, if you look ever so closely you can just barely make out the little round green couplets giving it their all!)




In the meantime, the plum tree (in the background just off the deck) has come into full bloom.



Loving the rain (more than 16 inches in two weeks).....loving the moments of sunshine in between.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    I like your blog (also don't forget to mention your sage blooms!)
    CS

    ReplyDelete